Saturday 22 September 2007

6120 Classic.. Finally turned on!

Click on the image to zoom it in. But there something unique about the white one...
You know the 3 logo 3 put on their phones on the back of the phone and front..They haven't put it on the white on! I know it looks unbranded but it's not! it came with all the usual X-series apps installed and as you can see the operator is '3' obviously.
So far no crashes or hangs and i have installed 5 apps in the first day of owning it!
I bought it exactly 1.52pm in the 3store in birmingham city centre.
My first S60 and it's going all good, hopefully it won't crash or hang because this is a beautiful stable smartphone. It's very lightweight and small. by the way from the picture the keypad looks blue for some reason but it's actually a white glow on the keys.

7 comments:

BigR said...

I have a black 6120c and it is a great phone even if it does heat up during calls.

With T-Mobile note that the web&walk classic edition has the HSDPA feature switched off and removed in v3.70 and Nokia NSU won't let you upgrade to v3.83. When I get round to upgrading unofficially I hope to be able to switch it on :-)

I called T-Mobile to ask about it and they said that HSDPA was restricted to their higher level W&W plans... fair enough but it would have been nice to know. I ought to complain formally...

Great phone, you can add a lot of useful apps. Sync to Google Calendar with Goosync. Sync to ITunes with Itunes Agent. Nokia IMAP client works but very very slowly. Profilmail works fine. RSS works though doesn't want to update on schedule. Instant Messaging works with add-on apps (again I think T-Mobile have removed the inbuilt app).

Super thin, super powerful.

Dave said...

Agreed, But i have V 03.70 and still has the HSDPA feature to switch on or off, i have it off.

By the way i am on the 3 network.

BigR said...

Yes I think T-Mobile have removed the HSDPA feature in that model of phone in their branded version of the 6120c.

For reference my product id is 0551573.

I do occasionally lose audio (which considering it is supposed to be a phone...) on both incoming and outgoing calls and have to restart the phone to regain it. I called Nokia on Friday about it and they said take it to a service centre for a free upgrade, to v3.83 I imagine. I'll report back with findings afterwards as hopefully it will be an upgrade to generic software.

BigR said...

Hoorah! The upgrade became available today with Nokia Software Updater. Updated phone now has HSDPA switched on and active.

We'll have to wait a while to see whether audio is better, together with any reduction in phone heat when on a call.

I can't see any new apps or the IM app, but added games get shifted out of the generic system 'Games' folder to the 'My Own' folder.

Inbuilt IMAP client is still as slow when updating mailbox by that I mean very very very slow.

Dave said...

Well, Hope it goes all well for you! :)

jhune said...

i do have a nokia 6120c... can you teach me how to install and personalize my operator logo? thanks!

BigR said...

I can't as I have never tried to change it. My screen real estate is covered with my diary items as I sync to Google Calendar using Goosync.

Good luck!